Sunday 22 September 2013

Baking Day! Apple, Oat and Choc Muffins.

It's another Friday. A day of glorious baking. I love watching my family enjoy the treats I bring to them. These muffins are a bit of an exception though. No I don't have a 'Forbidden' sign up after I have made them. These go straight into the freezer after they have cooled down (they freeze really well , by the way) and I just take one out during the day to defrost. I have a baby and I am breastfeeding, hence I am eating a lot more than I used to. I made up this muffin recipe so I could nibble on something during those 3 am feeds.
The oats make them really filling and the apple/chocolate combination gives them that much loved sweetness.


Apple, Oat and Choc Muffins


Wet Ingredients:
  • 1 Green Apple finely chopped or grated
  • 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup of oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
  • 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
  • 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
  • Pinch of cinnamon
  • Tablespoon of Golden Syrup
  • 1/2 Cup of Milk Choc Chips
Method :
  1. Preheat Oven to 200 C
  2. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cases
  3. Combine wet ingredients together in a bowl.
  4. Sift in flour
  5. Add oats, baking soda and cinnamon and golden syrup. Mix them in well.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips
  7. Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cases
  8. Bake for 15-20 Minutes.
I put my muffins in for 20 Minutes and some were a bit brown for my liking so see if 15 minutes is enough time first. These Muffins are ready if you put skewer in the middle of one and it comes out clean.




I hope you girls love these as much as I do. Are there any other recipes you would like to see?

Renee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!