Monday 30 December 2013

My Christmas Treats

Trifle



I had a special request from my brother one day to make a trifle. So the next family gathering I decided to give it a go. 




This recipe is a spin off from the much loved trifle that my Nanna makes. She adds a few splashes of sherry to the sponge and let it soak for a bit to give it a lovely sweet flavour.
 I then added some frozen berries (mixed from the local Coles freezer aisle) and poured the port wine jelly mixture on top.I waited for the jelly to set in the fridge. I made a traditional custard and poured that on top then I made a chocolate custard and topped it all off with cream and blueberries! Yum!

I love trifles because there are so many different flavours in one mouthful.
So there you go my simple but delicious trifle idea.

What do you traditionally bake for the Christmas Season?


Have Fun!

Renee x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!