Thursday 16 January 2014

DIY Countertop Jars

Reuse and Recycle!


Last night I decided to give my bathroom a massive cleanout. I had bought a couple of baskets from the $2 shop and they held my makeup and toiletries in the cabinet, but what am I supposed to do with the huge range of brushes? How am I going to store them?
 I could buy some, but my creative streak began to show itself and I decided to recycle some old jars that we had collected for a rainy day.


  1. To remove the labels I soaked the jars in very hot water for at least half an hour.
  2. Remove any excess glue by using a scourer.
  3. Dry the jars thoroughly.
  4. Using a hot glue gun trim the jars with ribbon or lace. Whatever takes your fancy. I chose two types of pink ribbon for the first jar (it's my favorite colour) and white and pale blue for the second jar.
  5. Display them for all to see!
     These jars are a simple and effective way to store your bits and bobs. The best thing is that it is all recycled materials and I dont have to buy plastic tubs that will end up in landfill. And lets be honest here, reused jars have a lot more character than plastic stuff anyway.
I hope you have a good time with your own handy project this week.



Have Fun!

Renee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!