Saturday 14 June 2014

Lush Birthday Haul

It's Time For Lush



I'm not one to usually do hauls, I tend to pick up a couple of bits here and there but never do I buy tonnes of products all at the same time to really call it a 'haul'. Having said that, it was my birthday in May and my parents gave me a bit of money to treat myself. My mother made me promise not to spend it on bills or clothes for baby, which to tell the truth I was very tempted to do. No, it was my birthday so I had to spoil myself! Well of course I thought of one thing, Lush! 

I really wanted to get a bunch of things that I haven't tried before. So here is what I picked...



I have been wanting to try the Lush Toothy Tabs for a really long time now. These are a cruelty free alternative to the toothpaste found in the supermarket shelves and I'm really keen to find out if they give that same squeaky clean feeling that my nearly empty tube of Colgate does.They come in a great recyclable cardboard box and hey are preservative free. I chose the Breath of God which have a sandalwood flavour and Atomic which is coffee, clove and ginger. Atomic is my favourite, it smells so amazingly fresh!


One toothy tab is quiet small and they come in a box of 40, so they should last just under a month (if you brush twice a day.)  To use them, break one up between your front teeth, wet your toothbrush and brush.Then spit and rinse.


The Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar smell so nice. I share this one with my baby and pop a bit into her bath because it is a really subtle and uplifting floral scent and when she is all dry I love smelling it on her! This bar goes quiet a long way because it is soft so its easy to break a small chunk off and crumble it under running water and watch the bubbles come.


Next on my list was the Wonder Woohoo Bubble Bar. I have not tried this yet but I think it is going to be a special bar because it is covered in gold glitter so I can imagine getting out the bath looking sparkly! It smells like cucumber to me but the website says that it has sandalwood and orange oil, so that confused me a bit. I think perhaps it will smell a bit different in nice warm water.


By the time I got around to taking photos of these products, half of them had been used up so I had to use these from the Lush Website. This little guy is called the Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb, I decided to give him a try because I ran out of soap for Bub. This bath bomb has such subtle smells of  Lavender and Sandalwood that can really help to send baby into that calm place before popping her to bed. My bub really enjoys bubbles and this bath bomb didn't deliver but I think it main objective is to calm baby and not get baby excited about playing with bubbles! haha


I really wanted a scrub for a little while, especially now that its winter and my skin tends to dry out a bit. I love love this scrub! It has the most beautiful uplifting and fresh smell. It has large granules of sugar so it can scrub off that dead skin really well and it just has the most refreshing smell. I usually turn to this when I have a shower in the morning and I haven't quiet woken up. Its a great scent to start off the day.


I always get a couple of blocks of soap when I make an order because who doesn't need soap? The top of the blocks is a duo of Honey I Washed The Kids and Karma Soap. I kept the Karma soap for myself because again this is a really lovely refreshing soap that makes my skin feel really soft and I gave the Honey I Washed The Kids to Hubby.

Well, that's my Birthday Haul, I hope that if you have been curious about any of these products then this post has given you a bit more info. Have a great weekend and remember...


Have Fun!

Renee x



3 comments:

  1. I love Lush! I haven't been in ages but this has inspired me to go and have a look around!

    Fleur x
    wishesandtea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stock up on some Lush products, one of my favourite brands, I've never tried the bars of soap though, I definitely need to!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soaps are great. Some are more moisturising than others. The two soaps I picked up are very moisturising

      Delete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!