Tuesday 24 June 2014

No $$$? No Worries

Hanging Out With The Girls 



I really love doing these posts. Brainstorming ways to save money and catch up with the girls is so much fun. They do say 'the best things in life are free.' Well these suggestions are not exactly free but I hope you get the picture.

A Pancake Brunch:
I did this a couple of months ago with my friends/cousins and I had so much fun. Its easy enough to do, Just make some pancakes from your favorite recipe and add the toppings you like. Get a bottle of sparkling apple juice and some champagne glasses to make it that extra fancy.



Toppings: We used some really yummy toppings for our pancakes. My favorite combination is a dollop of mascapone cheese with some thawed berry mix on top. Yummo! But of course you can choose any combo like banana and honey, lemon and castor sugar and for those girls with a sweet tooth strawberries and chocolate sauce. 


A coffee at the Park:
This is an idea that a friend of mine and I had because we both have kids. Grab a takeaway coffee and walk to the local park so the kids can play on the play equiptment. This will keep the kids entertained while you get a good ol' chin wag with your bestie.

A movie night:
I understand that I'm not a teenager anymore and sleepovers are a thing of the past (at the moment) now that I'm a mum to a one year old but I still love watching a chick flick with the girls. Invite friends over when you know baby will be asleep and have everything prepared before they arrive, this will save valuable movie watching time. Get bowls of snacks ready, a few movies to pick from (not too many or it ill take ages to decide which one to watch) and pop the kettle on as soon as they arrive. Fun times ahead!

Get Crafty:
You and your pals like a bit of DIY? There are heaps of crafty things to do! Why not try card making? Dressmaking? Jewellery making? Or learn to knit or crochet together? Personally I would love to learn how to sew, maybe I should recruit one of my friends to teach me the basics.



DIY Spa Day:
Of course I had to throw this one in. If you and your gal pals have a passion for skincare and a little pampering look no further than your pantry and your fridge. There are so fantastic recipes for face masks and hair treatments out there that you can try with your friends for next to nothing. My favourite little trick for shiny hair is to rinse my hair with a cup of water with two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in it. It works wonders!
I will be adding more home-made recipes in an upcoming blog post. Keep an eye out for them!

I hope this give you girls some great ideas on how to save money while still having a blast with your friends!

Have Fun!

Renee x









2 comments:

  1. I love pancakes so much - just looking at these photos makes my mouth salivate! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, especially since I am broke right now!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!