Saturday 25 July 2015

Hair Rejuvenation Treatment

Frizz No More!



 The Time has come the walrus said to talk of many things. Actually, just one thing today. My experience with the Hair Rejuvination Treatment from Hair and Me*. This comes in a handy squeezable sachet type packet that ensures you get every last drop of product out. The Hair Rejuvenation Treatment is 100% oil based and is designed to be used as a pre shampoo treatment to help repair, strengthen and moisturise your hair. An impressive ingredient list contains nothing other than 100% Organic Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Macadamia Oil and Jojoba Oil.




















Now to 'What I Thought'. As per instructions I applied the treatment and left it in for more than 45 minutes (1 ½ hours) before washing it out. The application was a tad messy as I neglected to place it in the fridge for a few minutes to help the oils solidify, but that's OK. I threw my hair up with a clip and went about my evening, not dripping oil everywhere.
One thing that bothered me was that after I shampooed my hair twice to wash out the oil, then condition it, there was still an uncomfortable layer of oil covering my hair. It actually took me about two days to get rid of all the excess oil on my hair. And let me tell you I hate having oily hair.

But I suppose the big question is, did it work? I can't exactly say that my hair felt totally moisturised, however that horrendous-Winters Frizz- has significantly died down. I feel that this hair rejuvenation treatment would be a wonderous thing if you had frizzy hair and you have the patience to wait a couple of days for the oil to completely wash out. I also feel that this Hair Rejuvination Treatment would be best served as a long term hair care routine because I didn't really see any major happenings after just one application. However I'm dubious about reapplying it because of the above mentioned 'two days to de-oilyfy' situation. I have one more application of this sachet left but I will wait until summer and see if it does anything major for my -Summer Sun- type hair.

What do you think about hair oils?

Have Fun!


Renee x

8 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the leftover oily feeling! I didn't experience that, I loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think perhaps I used too much product and was a bit confused how to use it properly. Oh well next time I'll get there.
      Renee x

      Delete
  2. Oh, I don't like hair oil treatments at all, due to a poor experience in the past, so I've shied away from them ever since. I remember years ago, "hot oil treatments" were so popular (apply haircare oil to hair, rest for 30 minutes, rinse with hot water), even though I rinsed with water that was as hot as I could handle, and still the oil couldn't get rinsed out; it just solidified in my hair instead, and looked & felt like LARD. Had to shampoo twice with something as harsh as dishwashing detergent to get it out. :-P
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the oily feeling left over is not pleasant at all.
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way too lazy for anything more than shampoo/conditioner in the shower....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried oil treatment years ago and wasn't too keen on it.... but maybe products a little different these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using coconut oil to condition your hair once in a week or even two weeks helps my hair a lot! I think it works very well for each hair type!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get the left-over oiliness in my hair but it might be because I only left it in for 45 minutes (and I was in the bath the whole time so some of it may have rinsed out as I splashed about lol).

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!