Sunday 17 January 2016

Raw Cacao and Spiralina Balls

A Raw Treat


When I'm looking for a quick and easy snack that also curbs my sweet tooth, I look no further than some yummy snack-balls made of raw ingredients. These snacks in particular are sweet and the Almond Meal gives it a delicious cakey texture. And my 2 1/2 year old daughter loves them which is a bonus!



  1 Cup of Cashews
1/2 cup of Almond Meal
1 Cup of Dates chopped
1/3 Cup of Cacao Powder
2 Teaspoons of Organic Spiralina
1/2 Cup of dessicated Coconut for rolling.

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and smooth. If the mixture is too dry to roll into balls try adding a teaspoon at a time of Maple Syrup until sticky.
Then roll the balls in the coconut. 
Store in an airlock container in the fridge. these snacks will last up to three weeks in the fridge.
Enjoy!

Have Fun!

Renee x






2 comments:

  1. I make raw balls similar too these ones, love them! Will have to give this recipe a try thanks

    Lauren | www.lifewithlozzn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! These have such a yummy chocolaty taste. Enjoy!
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!