Wednesday 16 March 2016

Flora and Fauna Box - Autumn

The Leaves Are Starting To Fall.

 

I have been really looking forward to my Flora and Fauna box this season as I felt that my other beauty spending has been pretty tamed. This beauty box better be careful or it will end up on my 'essentials' list. Im just enjoying them so much!

 Zuii Organic Satin Lip Color: Zuii is a brand that I am slowly acquainting myself with, and so far I am really liking what I see. This is the first satin lip color I have tried from Zuii and I am impressed with the rich pigment and ease of application. I had dry lips and I would exfoliate and prime the lips before attempting to apply because it tends to 'catch' on dry areas, but other than that it's a winner. The scent is amazing and it contains Zuii's signature blend of essential oils to achieve the gorgeous smell. I don't know what color I received because Zuii don't label the name on the packaging. I hope they change that soon.

Weleda Oat Replenishing Hair Treatment: Another brand I have been experimenting with a lot is Weleda. I was very happy to see a Weleda hair treatment in the box because I was thinking that my hair looked like it needed a bit of TLC. Coincidence, huh? This incredibly thick cream contains Oat and Shea Butter so hydrate and smooth each hair follicle. Even though the instructions specify to apply it on damp hair, I used this on dry hair and I found that it worked brilliantly. My scalp did not find it too oily and it didn't weigh my hair down. I am going to enjoy using this luxurious treatment this Autumn.

Burts Bees Milk and honey Body Lotion: There's something about Burt's Bees that really doesn't phase me. The lip balms are average and some even sting my lips and I find that even the body lotions aren't the nicest. I really wish I could love them. I mean, the brand is affordable and easily found at pharmacy's and online, they don't contain sulfates, petrochemicals or parabens and they are Leaping Bunny Approved so why am I so picky? Having a sample this size is very handy for traveling, but I think Ill pass this onto my mum.

Grants Toothpaste: I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see something like this in a beauty box. I feel like it mixed thing up a bit, instead of being just skincare and cosmetics. I am actually in the middle of this same toothpaste brand at home and I really enjoy it. The minty flavor is solid enough to give me fresh breath but not so 'spicy' that my three year old daughter turns away. I am comforted to know that this particular brand of toothpaste is Vegan and Cruelty Free. My gums don't feel as sensitive using a natural based toothpaste either. Natural flavors contain extracts of: Mint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Cardamon, Celery, Caraway, Coriander, Dill, Thyme, Rosemary and Sage. I highly recommend Grants toothpaste.

Neals Yard Remedies Hydrating Frankincense Cream: This is certainly an Autumn product for my skin as it needs a richer cream during the colder months.I haven't opened the sachet but the little information slip included says that its a light, organic moisturizing cream. It contains frankincense and myrrh to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and keeps the skin feeling soft and fresh. Sounds wonderful.

Dr Hauschka Regenerating Serum: Another item that I am thinking of passing on. Not because I don't love Dr Hauschka, I certainly do, but I think perhaps my mum may want to try this out. The regenerative Serum is made to help firm mature skin and minimize the appearance of fine lines. Sensitive skin can benefit from the cooling feeling of this serum.

Well what another amazing box. I am obviously most excited about the Zuii Organic Lip Satin and I cant wait to use the Weleda Hair Treatment again and again. I will be having fun this Autumn playing with all these treats.

Have Fun!

Renee x








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!