Tuesday 1 March 2016

Summer Favorites 2016

Hits Of Summer 2016



 It is officially Autumn and that excites me because hopefully the heat waves will cease. Summer is always a great time of year to try new products because Christmas packs hit the shelves and exciting beauty boxes arrive in my mail box. 

I have been combining the Ivadore Tanning Treatment with a body lotion on the days I need a bit of a skin boost. This plant derived self tan containing Raspberry seed oil, organic green tea and organic coconut water means that there is no nasty ingredients and is suitable for sensitive skin. I have noticed how natural this self tanning treatment looks and its very easy to use. I don't feel like this has a strong smell and it develops naturally (overnight) and fades slowly.

 I have thoroughly enjoyed the ease of use of the Kosmea Moisturising lotion SPF 30+ . This moisturiser and sun protection has been a staple to my morning skincare and I am feeling proud of myself for using an SPF everyday (it's something I really struggle with.) This cream suits my skin type really well as its not oily and has a light whipped feel to it. I love the cooling natural ingredients such as cucumber extract and green tea extract that also help to fight free radical damage.

A coffee Based body scrub really packs a punch fighting against cellulite.After a short five days of using this Atom Coffee Body Scrub everyday, I saw a real difference in the appearance of my skin. My skin is smoother, the cellulite on my legs had dramatically broken down and stretch marks on my hips started to fade. I also enjoy the warming scent of showering with coffee. 

This Eco by Sonia Driver Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub contains Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil and is so invigorating during those long days of Summer. This is a vegan scrub with 78% organic ingredients. A hydrating mix of coconut oil and Shea butter leaves my skin feeling really soft and without the need of adding a moisturiser on top.

My pregnancy skincare routine includes the wonderful, hydrating Jojoba Oil by The Jojoba Company. I never thought that I would go through this bottle so quickly but I have been slathering it liberally on my skin for over a month now and no stretch marks on my pregnant belly yet! The lightness of Jojoba oil is perfect as a moisturiser for my face in Summer as my skin becomes a little oily. In Winter I will have to reach for a heavier oil as my skin dries in the cold weather.
























When the Air-Conditioner is on during the day and the fan is blasting at night its kinda inevitable that my lips are going to get super dry and sore. Unfortunately my Sukin Lip Treatment wasn't cutting it, so I left Miss E. with my mum and raced to the pharmacy to get (quote) "something, anything to make my lips feel better! I'm desperate!" I left with the Lanolips 101 Ointment. This very thick ointment certainly did the trick. The ointment holds 200% of its weight in moisture and gave my lips time to heal. A highly recommended product if your lips are dry and sore.

Luma Cosmetics by Jess Hart has been a big hit with me this Summer, but there are a couple of pieces that I have been using almost daily. The Flawless Concealer is so easy to apply that I just dab a bit onto my under eye area with my fingertips. It's the perfect shade for my fair skin-tone and has a buildable consistency without looking clumpy. For 'light as a feather' eyelashes I reach for the Daring Curves Mascara in Jet Black. I'm not a fan of overly dramatic eyelashes and I feel like this water resistant mascara lengthens and curls my lashes to a comfortable degree. 

Summer has flown by and I feel that I have mainly been using light and natural looking makeup and body moisturisers to boot. I am looking forward to trying some new skincare and makeup looks for Autumn so stay tuned!

Have Fun!

Renee x

4 comments:

  1. Great Summer favourites! That Pink Himalayan salt scrub sounds fantastic!

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scrub is super creamy and not messy like a lot of other scrubs. :)

      Delete
    2. The scrub is super creamy and not messy like a lot of other scrubs. :)

      Delete
  2. The lip conditioner is cute

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, I would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!